Ask your local candidate a question.

Saturday, May 25, 2024

BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT: Blair Tile & Design Offers a Myriad of Home Decor Choices

Blair Tile & Design, 128 Route 94, Suite 7, (Tractor Supply Plaza). Photo by MB Journe, 03/2024.
A peek inside their showroom offers glimpses of exciting possibilities for home decor. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 06/2023.

A graduate of North Warren Regional High School (NWRHS), Rudy Hesse is the owner and contractor of Blair Tile & Design, specializing in kitchens and baths, plus hardwood flooring. It is a well-established business with over 30 years of experience making dreams become reality. Their reputation for quality installation and design is locally renowned. 

He acquired Blair Tile two years ago from the former owner and friend, Dorothy Kott, who still helps out from time to time at the shop. He entrusted his daughter Sydney, also a NWRHS graduate, to run the showroom which is open weekdays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays by appointment. Call 908-362-7052 for details.

Blair Tile’s showroom is filled with intriguing porcelain, ceramic, glass and marble tiles. They also offer natural stone selections as well as hardwood and vinyl flooring.

Blair Academy’s recent 2,000 square foot renovation job, undertaken by Blair Tile & Design. Photo by S. Hesse.

Offering high-quality crafted installation or renovation for kitchens and bathrooms, Blair Tile takes on both residential and commercial clients. They specialize in zero-entry showers, focusing on designing aesthetically pleasing bath spaces that are wheelchair accessible.

Blair Tile recommends installing an electric radiant heating system under the new tile floor. It is a simple procedure adding warmth and a sense of coziness. Electric heat is energy efficient, and it does not dry out the air like traditional forced air systems.  

Blair Tile features hundreds of “real-feel” choices on display. Photo by MB Journe, 04/2024.
Asked to show the hottest trend, Sydney Hesse displayed the most popular choice in home decor, black-onyx like tiles. Photo by D.L. Dunn. 04/2024.
A myriad of different types of backsplashes are available. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 06/2023.
Sydney Hesse showed the ever-popular subway tile backsplash design in new and interesting hues. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 06/2023.
These tiles make a bold statement, whether for the floors or walls. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 6/2023.
You’ve probably seen Rudy Hesse about town riding around in his Santa suit. Photo provided by Blair Tile.

Besides working together in the family business, the Hesses enjoy traveling as a family on their motorcycles, often taking long journeys in the great outdoors via America’s ribbons of highways. Rudy Hesse has visited 49 states on his motorcycle, and now his daughter accompanies him.

One of many Hesse family motorcycle adventures. Photo provided by S. Hesse.
Yelens Choban
MB Journe, Contributing Writer

MB has been a resident of Frelinghuysen for the past 22 years. She lives in an old farmhouse on the side of the road. She enjoys the simple life, puttering in her flower garden, practicing Qi Gong under her redbud tree, or creating art on the deck.
MB's experience as a journalist began when her son was quite young, she began writing for The Paulinskill Valley Chronicle, often bringing him to work with her. Her responsibilities were writing articles with photos, selling ads, and billing. This suited her, as a single mother not wanting to be separated from her small child.

She considers herself a lover of nature, often seen photographing its beauty. She has worked as a seasonal employee of YMCA Camp Mason for the past 17 years. She is a teacher and mentor of children, always emphasizing the YMCA’s core values - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. She tries to listen carefully to each individual she interviews, getting their viewpoint. That is why she likes to write about the interesting people and places that make Warren County such a nice place to live.