Wednesday, July 24, 2024

BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT: “Why Buy New?” is What AQE4Less, a New Blairstown Business, is Helping Patrons Figure Out

Proprietor, Nick Tirone of Blairstown, proudly stands in front of his store at 9A Main Street. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023.
Showing the “guts” of what’s inside various laptops and other electronic equipment helps people see and perhaps be less daunted by the prospect of repairs. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023.

A 2019 graduate of North Warren Regional High School, Nicholas Tirone wasted no time launching his Main Street business in October 2022. A little over one year later, he says AQE4less has been a success so far and he can look forward to possible expansion in five years.

Tirone’s business focuses on figuring out what may be wrong with the equipment first, showing repair options and when all else fails, helping patrons buy new or refurbished computers to serve their needs and fit their budgets. AQE4less offers an array of computers on hand or can perfect custom orders.

Always having been fascinated by technology, Tirone says it’s important to reuse as much as possible, so the waste doesn’t consume the planet.

“I’ll take as much tech as I can do and be more than happy to take a look at it (the problem).”

Not bad for a young man who said he is just a “tinkerer,” taking apart gadgets of all kinds to see how they can be rebuilt. Does he come from family of fix-it masters? No. Did he excel in computer programming at school? Not really. In fact, he said he is NOT a programmer, but understands the housing equipment.

Tirone did have a likeminded uncle who shared a common interest in taking things apart. Tirone did take classes in high school in business and at County College of Morris in Randolph to learn marketing techniques.

At least a dozen people visit his store every week and become hooked by his friendly manner.

“Some projects have proven easy to figure out, and others have been more challenging,” said Tirone.

One recent patron brought her child’s electronic piano keyboard which had taken a bad fall, leaving several keys dislodged and larger repair shops had without exception insisted she buy new, without examining the problem.

Instead, she took it to Tirone who quickly fixed it while honestly saying the old Moto cell phone she had also dropped off needed a new mother board and would not be worth repairing. She said his honesty and quick service was refreshing.

According to his website Our Guarantee (aqe4less.com)

THE AQE4LESS GUARANTEE

We know how important good quality products are. At AQE4Less we take great pride in refurbishing our products. While there might be some slight imperfections, each product has been thoroughly tested and in excellent working order. If you ever experience an issue with any of our products within the first 14 days we will replace, repair, or issue you a refund so long as you keep your receipt.

AQE4less can be reached by calling 973-590-1581 or contact the company by visiting www.aqe4less.com.

Desiree Dunn
Desi L. Dunn, Writer
Managing Editor at Desiree L. Dunn, LLC

Born & educated in NY with an Environmental Science degree from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Desi's family resides in Hardwick with a young teen and several spoiled pets. Considering northwest Jersey to be a true gem, her commitment to the people and environs is exemplified by the many different jobs she's had - municipal & county official, election clerk, open space plan writer, newspaper & radio journalist, grant writer, events coordinator and farm market manager as well as retail, waitressing, archaeological digger and once for a short while in a very huge warehouse.

Her favorite was as a reporter for many years with the Recorder newspapers, Blairstown Press, Paulinskill Chronicle, Gannett publications plus WNTI Public Radio producing public affairs and human interest stories on-air.

She often has her camera ready to capture interesting people and events. She's thrilled to now serve as RVE's Managing Editor, helping fellow writers hone their skills and show you the issues as well as treasures that exist in North Warren, through their eyes.

Related