Friday, April 19, 2024

It Was a Full House for Breakfast and Worship at St. Jude Church, Sunday, December 17

St. Jude Church in Blairstown hosted the veneration of a relic of the “Arm of Saint Jude the Apostle” from Rome, making a limited tour around America.

This small relic purportedly contains a bit of protected bone from Saint Jude, one of the 12 apostles of Jesus, known to be the patron saint of the impossible, lost causes and desperate situations. Blairstown was one of only three St. Jude churches chosen by the Diocese of Trenton to host this relic.

Visitors were also treated to a nativity scene put on by the Ignite confirmation class, a full breakfast provided by the St. Jude Council #12430 and a visit from Santa Paul.

Saint Jude Council #12430. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023.
A student from the Ignite confirmation class narrates Christ’s birth for parishioners and guests. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023.
All the way from Randolph, this family came to celebrate comraderie and share beliefs. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023
Parishioners enjoy a full breakfast with Father Ron provided by St. Jude Council #12430. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023.
Santa “Paul” with St. Jude staff. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2022.
A nativity scene on display at St. Jude Church. Photo by D.L. Dunn, 12/2023.
Desiree Dunn
Desi L. Dunn, Managing Editor
Managing Editor at Desiree L. Dunn, LLC

Born & educated in NY with an Environmental Science degree from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Desi's family resides in Hardwick with a young teen and several spoiled pets. Considering northwest Jersey to be a true gem, her commitment to the people and environs is exemplified by the many different jobs she's had - municipal & county official, election clerk, open space plan writer, newspaper & radio journalist, grant writer, events coordinator and farm market manager as well as retail, waitressing, archaeological digger and once for a short while in a very huge warehouse.

Her favorite was as a reporter for many years with the Recorder newspapers, Blairstown Press, Paulinskill Chronicle, Gannett publications plus WNTI Public Radio producing public affairs and human interest stories on-air.

She often has her camera ready to capture interesting people and events. She's thrilled to now serve as RVE's Managing Editor, helping fellow writers hone their skills and show you the issues as well as treasures that exist in North Warren, through their eyes.