HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. – Centenary Stage Company (CSC), a not-for-profit professional theater in northwest New Jersey, is thrilled to announce auditions for its summer stock season. This summer CSC will present “Rock of Ages” and “Seussical the Musical.” Auditions will take place on May 4 and May 5 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the CSC located at 715 Grand Avenue, Hackettstown.
“Rock of Ages,” the Tony Award-nominated Broadway musical is a hilarious high energy tribute to the rock music of the 1980s. The show features classic rock hits from iconic bands such as Journey, Bon Jovi and Poison. CSC is seeking talented actors and singers for the following roles”
- Drew: a barback with dreams of becoming a rock star (tenor)
- Sherrie: a small-town girl who moves to Hollywood to pursue her dreams (mezzo soprano/belt)
- Stacee Jaxx: a famous and charismatic rock star (tenor)
- Dennis: the owner of the Bourbon Room, a famous rock club (baritone)
- Lonny: the funny and enthusiastic narrator of the show (tenor)
- Regina: the hippie protestor who wants to shut down the Bourbon Room
- Franz Klineman: son of Hertz Klineman (tenor)
- Hertz Klineman: father of Franz and owner of the real estate company that wants to demolish the sunset strip and Bourbon Room (baritone/Tenor)
“Seussical the Musical” is a family-friendly production that brings to life the beloved character and stories of Dr. Seuss. The show features music and lyrics by Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens, the award-winning duo behind “Ragtime” and “Once on This Island.” Seeking the following roles:
- The Cat in the Hat: a mischievous and playful character who serves as the narrator
- Horton the Elephant: a kindhearted and loyal elephant who tries to protect the Whos of Whoville
- JoJo: a young person who has a wild imagination and gets into trouble at school
- Gertrude McFuzz: a bird who is in love with Horton
- Mayzie La Bird: a glamorous and selfish bird who convinces Horton to sit on her egg
- The Kangaroo: A sassy kangaroo who gossips about Horton
Those auditioning should prepare 16 to 32 bars of a musical theater song. If auditioning for “Rock of Ages,” please prepare a song from the show that showcases vocal range. Auditionees will also be asked to dance and read from the script. Rehearsals begin the first week of June. “Rock of Ages” runs July 6 through July 16. “Seussical” runs July 27 to August 6.
All roles are open. CSC is looking for diverse performers of all ethnicities to fill the roles. Housing provided on the campus of Centenary University.
For more information about the auditions, and to sign up for a time slot, please visit the CSC website at www.centenarystageco.org or call 908-979-0900.