Thursday, September 21, 2023

NWR Superintendent Jeanene Dutt Named Keynote Speaker for National Conference

North Warren Regional School District Jeanene Dutt has been chosen for the high-profile keynote speaker’s role at the National Conference on Education in San Antonio this February.

Taylor Casey, vice president of the North Warren Board of Education, announced Dutt’s selection at the Dec. 12 school board meeting.

“Out of the many, many superintendents across the United States, Jeanene has been chosen,” said Casey.

Casey, who learned of the appointment through state school board associates, said Dutt was initially modest about the prestigious role.

“She did not want to share this, but I asked her permission, and she said I could,” Casey said. “I think that this is incredible honor. I think that it brings awesome light to North Warren and deserves to be highlighted.”

Founded in 1866 as the National Association of School Superintendents and now formally known as ASSA: The School Superintendents Organization, it is a professional advocacy group that has 13,000 school administrators from the United States and around the world. The February conference includes round tables and discussion groups.

Dutt was named superintendent of North Warren this past November, having been named interim superintendent in May. She was principal of North Warren Regional High School for five years before that. Previously, Dutt was principal at Lopatcong Middle School after serving 14 years as a teacher in Phillipsburg. She earned her doctorate in education from Centenary University in 2019.

In addition, Casey said Carrie Norcross-Murphy, principal of the high school, and Jeff Louw, director of instructional technology, have been invited to make presentations at a school conference in Atlantic City in January.

“We’re very excited for them, too,” Casey said. “All this public positivity for North Warren does our school very proud and I wanted to let everybody know.”

Joe Phalon
Joe Phalon, Contributing Writer

Joe was lured out of retirement by the opportunity to be a part of the Ridge View Echo. During a decades-long career in publishing and journalism, he has covered government on many levels from local school boards to the United States Supreme Court.

Along the way, Joe has worked at American Lawyer Magazine, The National Law Journal and The Record among other publications, and as the Press Officer of Columbia Law School. His work has been recognized with several first place awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and the New Jersey Press Association.

Being part of the Ridge View Echo brings Joe back to his roots and the kind of news coverage he loves: Telling the stories of people and local communities as well as keeping an eye on how their money is spent by their government officials.

Joe lives in Blairstown with his wife Rose, the founder of Quilting for a Cause, and their two wiener dogs. He is an artist in his spare time.