Sunday, April 21, 2024

East Stroudsburg University Field Hockey Team Declared NCAA National Champs

Nicole Krozser’s last-minute goal lifted the top-ranked Warriors of East Stroudsburg University over Shippensburg University to win the NCAA Division 2 Field Hockey National Championship at the Final Four in Enton, Washington, Dec. 3.

Krozser, a senior, scored the championship-winning goal with 36 seconds left in the game on a pass from sophomore Jady van Gils. The win marks the second national championship for East Stroudsburg. The Warrior took the top honors in 2015 and finished as runners-up last year when Shippensburg won the national championship.

The 20-2 Warriors won their final seven games of the regular season, winning the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference tournament in November.

Joe Phalon
Joe Phalon, Contributing Writer

Joe was lured out of retirement by the opportunity to be a part of the Ridge View Echo. During a decades-long career in publishing and journalism, he has covered government on many levels from local school boards to the United States Supreme Court.

Along the way, Joe has worked at American Lawyer Magazine, The National Law Journal and The Record among other publications, and as the Press Officer of Columbia Law School. His work has been recognized with several first place awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and the New Jersey Press Association.

Being part of the Ridge View Echo brings Joe back to his roots and the kind of news coverage he loves: Telling the stories of people and local communities as well as keeping an eye on how their money is spent by their government officials.

Joe lives in Blairstown with his wife Rose, the founder of Quilting for a Cause, and their two wiener dogs. He is an artist in his spare time.