Ask your local candidate a question.

Monday, June 17, 2024

Sam Rose Salon, 55 Route 94, Blairstown – “Where Hair is Our Passion”

This is my happy place, nothing better than making people beautiful, ” said salon owner, Samantha Rose Moog. Photo by MB Journe, Nov. 2022.

Sam Rose Salon, is a friendly creative hair salon for men, women, kids and seniors owned by Samantha Rose Moog. “I wanted to create a shop like the one in the movie Steel Magnolias, a place where everyone would feel comfortable,” Moog said.

See Turner Classic Movie Clip https://www.tcm.com/video/1503611/steel-magnolias-1989-movie-clip-my-colors-are-blush-and-bashful

Two Clients’ stunning hair courtesy of Sam Rose Salon. Photo by MB. Journe, Nov. 2022

The Salon is located next to the Blairstown Diner at 55 Rout 94, Blairstown NJ. Sam Rose Salon specializes in hair color with a low ammonia product enriched with aloe. They offer Keratin treatments, a semi-permanent process that is ideal for curly hair to reduce frizz and straighten the hair while also making it appear silky smooth, and shiny.

They also offer hair Botox, a non-chemical conditioning treatment that infuses the hair with a protective barrier and repairs any damage to the hair without chemicals.

Some other services offered include eyebrows, lip line and chin waxing, as well as acrylic, gel and polygel nail services. Gel nails are different from acrylic nails as they are not an extension of the natural nail, but a polish that can last for up to 2 weeks. Gel nail polish is applied similarly to normal polish and is cured under a UV light.

The result is a glossy, chip free manicure. Another nail treatment offered is polygel, applied over natural nails, or as a nail enhancement. It is still cured under a UV light, but it is a lot lighter than both gel and acrylic nails.

The salon offers manicures and pedicures, by appointment or walk ins.

Moog grew up in Blairstown, graduated from North Warren High School and then went to Capri Cosmetology School in Ledgewood NJ, graduating top of her class. She is married and has a son and three beautiful stepdaughters.

Tis the season to be generous for the holidays. Sam Rose Salon will be making Christmas care packages to help local families in need this Christmas. Come by a week after Thanksgiving see what the families need. All donations should be unwrapped. They need food, clothing, toys for the children and gift cards to help with rising fuel costs.

For more info, call the shop or text 908 362-1129
or check out https://www.facebook.com/SamRoseSalon

Salon Hours 

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 AM – 7:00PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Yelens Choban
MB Journe, Contributing Writer

MB has been a resident of Frelinghuysen for the past 22 years. She lives in an old farmhouse on the side of the road. She enjoys the simple life, puttering in her flower garden, practicing Qi Gong under her redbud tree, or creating art on the deck.
MB's experience as a journalist began when her son was quite young, she began writing for The Paulinskill Valley Chronicle, often bringing him to work with her. Her responsibilities were writing articles with photos, selling ads, and billing. This suited her, as a single mother not wanting to be separated from her small child.

She considers herself a lover of nature, often seen photographing its beauty. She has worked as a seasonal employee of YMCA Camp Mason for the past 17 years. She is a teacher and mentor of children, always emphasizing the YMCA’s core values - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. She tries to listen carefully to each individual she interviews, getting their viewpoint. That is why she likes to write about the interesting people and places that make Warren County such a nice place to live.