Ask your local candidate a question.

Friday, June 14, 2024
EXPLORE MORE:

Warm Weather Greets Halloween Parade

Blairstown’s annual Halloween Parade went off without a witch, er, hitch despite threatening skies. Sponsored by the Blairstown Rotary Club, the parade started at the post office and proceeded up Main Street to the Agway.

A contest for best costume was held at the Agway, judged by the North Warren Regional High School Interact Club, which is sponsored by the Rotary. The First Presbyterian Church opened its Fellowship Hall for trick-or-treaters to stop and warm up, even if the weather was unseasonably warm.

After the contest, the parade informally proceeded up Bridge Street to High Street, which was closed to traffic for several hours.

Joe Phalon
Joe Phalon, Contributing Writer

Joe was lured out of retirement by the opportunity to be a part of the Ridge View Echo. During a decades-long career in publishing and journalism, he has covered government on many levels from local school boards to the United States Supreme Court.

Along the way, Joe has worked at American Lawyer Magazine, The National Law Journal and The Record among other publications, and as the Press Officer of Columbia Law School. His work has been recognized with several first place awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and the New Jersey Press Association.

Being part of the Ridge View Echo brings Joe back to his roots and the kind of news coverage he loves: Telling the stories of people and local communities as well as keeping an eye on how their money is spent by their government officials.

Joe lives in Blairstown with his wife Rose, the founder of Quilting for a Cause, and their two wiener dogs. He is an artist in his spare time.